One Lovely Blog Award
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines. I have these guidelines listed below.
Once again, thank you Jackson – Travel the Unknown for the nomination and acknowledging how “lovely” my blog is.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
Seven things about me:
- My first overseas experience was on a school trip to Japan to play soccer. I stayed with two host families and experienced local life first hand. This is where I first got struck by the travel bug.
- I visited Tahiti a few years later on another school trip for a month of living with a host family. Immersing myself in the French language was a fantastic experience I’ll never forget. Attending school was a bit challenging but I aced English class.
- I love memoirs because they are a window into someone else’s life. Travel memoirs are a favourite, it’s almost as good as going on a journey yourself.
- The quote I live my life by is from the book Cousins by Patricia Grace: “Always hold on to who you know you are.”
- My favourite place to shop in Melbourne is Brunswick.
- I love Italian food.
- Family is important to me. I have two little nephews.
Thank you once again Jackson, I really appreciate being selected for this award. As a new blogger it is challenging to build your network and I want to take this opportunity to do just that.
Here are my Blog recommendations (with a promise to build my network):
- The Pin The Map Project – I love the concept of this blog. The travel focused content is fantastic too.
- Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Dreamer – This is a great blog with a food focus in Melbourne.
- Life, Love and Adventure – Dawn has some fantastic adventures to share and a wonderful way of recounting them.
- Disappearinginplainsight – Frances is fantastic, she’s Canadian based and has published books. She’s great at taking you on her journey as a writer.
- On the Luce – as Lucy puts it, she’s a “part-time traveller and a full-time travel obsessive” and she has some brilliant ideas for others like her.
- Travel Lover – A wonderful place to experience travel in pictures (mostly).
- Live & Learn – David provides inspirational ideas and pictures along with longer posts of inspirational writing.
- Flash Fiction Musings For The Literary Minded – Flash fiction in fewer than 500 words online Literary Journal, great source of inspiring short short stories.
- Vital Whim – Kaitlin travels on a whim and readers will benefit from it. She has a wonderful way with words.